• Admin

COLTS MATCH REPORT: Kidderminster 43 - 19 Veseyans

Following our narrow loss to Bromsgrove last week the Colts found themselves back on the road and travelling to Kidderminster. After a very good first 10 minutes which we could easily of had a couple of scores on the board the home side finally got some quality possession and their impressive winger showed his pace and scored 2 excellent tries in quick succession. Kidderminster then got their power running game going and with some big carries up the middle they scored their third quickly followed by their fourth try to lead 26-0. Not sure if it was the journey or a bit of an hangover from last week but the intensity and physicality from the visitors was simply not there. As the first half drew to an end another 2 tries were scored and the game was truly lost at 38-0 when the referee blew for half time.

What happened in the next 35 minutes would truly determine the character of the team and they didn’t disappoint. Kidderminster scored first to push the score out to 43-0 and then they were never in the game. Veseyans Colts whole demeanour and urgency went up exponentially and the impressive Manraj’s carrying started to generate some quality front foot ball which enabled us to get a foot hold in their half. Due to an injury and only having the bare 15 players the visitors lent us one of their players, Joe, who repaid them by scoring our first try in the corner which Toby converted from a difficult angle and we were on the board, 43-7. The home side couldn’t get out of their half and from one phase Eli took the ball on a hard direct line which got us over the game line. Matt quickly recycled the ball and Max powered through a disorganised defence and its was 43-12. By now we were starting to put together some really well structured passages of play which caused the visitors to concede penalty after penalty and eventually a yellow card. Veseyans continued to press and Kidderminster continued to infringe to the point where the referees patience was broken and a penalty try was awarded, 43-19.

That was the end of the scoring but a couple more shout outs for Toby and Eli who defended for their lives at times, James Dovey who covered every blade of grass chasing kicks and Nick Ward, who despite going off with a head knock was once again involved in everything. Finally, a big thank you to Joe for helping us out and Kidderminster who’s players, fans and coaches played the game in the true spirit of colts rugby, it made the whole occasion a very enjoyable one.

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon