Founded in 1927 by former pupils of Bishop Vesey Grammar School the Veseyans Rugby Club first moved to Hardwick Road in 1955. In 1957 the original Memorial Ground clubhouse was erected.
In 1972 a Development Committee chaired by Philip Baker assisted by life members and stalwarts alike, was established to examine the best means to provide a suitable sports and social centre for Old Veseyans, their families and the local community. The current club house opened in 1973 housing several societies and clubs led by the Veseyans Rugby Club.
The Veseyans Rugby Club has several famous rugby sons, Peter Robbins and John Young both represented England with Young going on to play for the British Lions in 1959.
In more recent times the club has seen several ex-players go on to perform at a more senior level, including notably Chris Johnson ( England U21, Leicester/Northampton), Dan Hemingway (Leicester/Leeds), Ashley Billington (Hong Kong), as well as numerous players representing regional representative teams.
The club focus over the last 5 years has been to develop a mini and junior section, and the club now runs age groups from U7s to U18s. In 2014 the club raised and invested over £350k by adding four new changing rooms, a strength and conditioning suite, full floodlighting to the training pitch, and acquired and developed a fourth junior rugby pitch. Investment has also been made to double the size of the car park and also extend the kitchen and catering facilities.
Veseyans Rugby Club annually welcomes local businesses and friends of the club at the hugely popular Sporting Luncheon and Late Summer Ball and with YOUR support Veseyans will continue to be a sporting and social focal point for the local community for many years to come.